Re: Questoin for Roland: Waited too long to buy 175TCC (discontinued) for my 175EDF....is QUADTCC is as good of a solution.

ROBERT WYNNE

Thanks again.

My confusion arises out of the 67PF582 specification. The initial line starts stating, 2.7" Prime focus Field Flattener. This seems to specifically exclude those scopes that have a 4" focuser. But are you recommending the 67PF582 is compatible with a 4" focuser for a 155?

Having said all that has been said in this exchange why or what is the driver or shortcoming that would cause one to choose the 67PF582 FF over the Quad TCC other than shorter focal length and faster exposure times or the upcoming newer version?

Because I am gearing up for imaging in the near future I would not be too enthusiastic about installing a 67PF582 only to later find out I have acquired a camera whose imaging chip FOV is greater than allowed by the current 67PF582 FF.

If the current A-P FF is available why are so many complaining that they are having trouble locating one even on the secondary market. I should have stated I already have the 67PF582 which you recommended for my 127 F8 and appears interchangeable upward to the 155? I doubt there is occasion where I would need the same FF for both scopes at the same time. I suppose there's the option of having both the soon to be released QuadTCC with the 67PF582 for conditions that may use of one or the other. No problemo.

I haven't felt like the village idiot in some time. But it is somewhat refreshing to get sent back to the first grade. I only wish it were true for the rest of other parts of my body.

Best,
Robert

On 06/30/2021 5:11 PM Roland Christen via groups.io <chris1011@...> wrote:

If you have the 155 scope, then there is a field flattener available for it. It is the 67PF582. There will also be a QuadTCC for this 155 scope available as we are finishing up the optics. It will be available soon.

No field flattener or telecompressor is required for visual use of this scope.
The 67PF582 field flattener is available and can be used for imaging with any camera, CCD, CMOS or digital.
The Quad TCC will reduce the focal length of the F7 scope and produce a wider flat field for any CCD, CMOS or Digital camera that you may wish to use.

That's all there is accessory-wise, and that applies to any of our scopes. There is nothing further needed for imaging.

I hope this clears up any misunderstanding.