Re: Suggestions for Stowaway Tripod and Head

Terri Zittritsch

I'll throw a head suggestion out, as I use Discmounts for alt-az manual operation.    I have encoders on both of mine as I have both the 6" and the 4".    Both can easily handle the Stowaway and are stable/solid.
For a tripod, for my 6" I use an Avalon T-POD with extension which is pretty heavy and not necessary for the Stowaway.   For light and portable I have an old CarbonOne Manfrotto tripod.   But there are other newer and probably more stable choices out there, this is just what I had from terrestrial photography.

Terri