Re: Mach2 vibration & noise issue from the RA axis

ROBERT WYNNE

I wholeheartedly agree. But sometimes the answer to one's question is already buried in the A-P archive just waiting to be discovered. -Best, Robert

On 05/23/2021 11:23 AM Manusfisch via groups.io <tjfischer653=mac.com@groups.io> wrote:

Dale, I too like to see the problem in real time and sometimes the poster is just “thinking out loud” which leads to solutions. We are all problem solvers otherwise we would not be in this hobby. I see a point where you don’t want to escalate a problem by overstating it but I found Harley Davidson’s post quite informative to a point I set up my Mach2 and made sure I did not hear the same with it loaded. I usually and a slow slewer as I am still a pilgrim when it comes to driving around the night sky. These posts will engender a lot of different thought and perspectives. However, hair can catch on fire on occasion and I too want to avoid that on open forums. Tom Fischer, Indy

On May 23, 2021, at 13:24, Dale Ghent <daleg@elemental.org> wrote:

Yes, a summary post with the findings would make for a nice post to the list - after the issue has been worked out with A-P support.

On May 23, 2021, at 09:11, Seb@stro <sebastiendore1@hotmail.com> wrote:

Dale, I do not entirely disagree with your comment but I personally find these kind of posts very interesting as AP often share good advices and enlightened knowledge of the working of their equipment. (Isn’t that what this forum is for?

In some cases I think it can also help other users who encounters similar problems to pinpoint the cause and solve it quickly on their own (assuming there is a resolution made public).

Sébastien

Le 23 mai 2021 à 08:37, Dale Ghent <daleg@elemental.org> a écrit :

On May 23, 2021, at 06:08, Harley Davidson <astrocnc@toast.net> wrote:

Thanks Yasushi. I will see what Roland says before I do anything.

tony

On 5/22/2021 11:05 PM, Yasushi Fukunaga wrote:
This may not give you the straight solution but an idea.
I had the exact same vibration noise from the RA of my 1600GTO as yours a few months ago after executing the worm meshing.
I finally found the screws were loose which caused the resonance so I retightened the screws and resolved it.

The Mach2 gearbox looks different from that of 1600GTO, but the root cause might be the same and hope this helps.

Yasushi Fukunaga