Re: Takumar Pentax 6x7 tests RE: [ap-gto] [ap-ug] A colorful Southern Sky Beauty

alan.dang@...

Among vintage lenses, I was impressed with the figure (contrast/sharpness) of the Canon FD 800/5.6L but there is still a lot of residual purple fringing.

Ciel et Espace tested the Pentax SDUF II (400mm f4) and reported a
 PV.        RMS
 λ/1.9   λ/10 red
 λ/1.9   λ/13 green
 λ/1.8   λ/10 blue

which doesn’t sound great and the camera lenses were probably worse.  I do know that portrait lenses often have some residual SA intentionally to generate more pleasant out of focus areas.

The Vixen VSD100 does measure better
PV.        RMS
 λ/2.7   λ/12.4 red
 λ/3.0   λ/15.5 green
 λ/4.1   λ/24 blue
and a 110 micron spread in chromatic aberration

These numbers don’t look great at face value but
their measurement of the Takahashi FSQ106n was
PV.        RMS
 λ/2.3  λ/12.2 red
 λ/2.9  λ/15.3 green
 λ/4.0   λ/18 blue
and a 200 micron spread in chromatic aberration

and the Televue NP101is
PV.        RMS
 λ/4.6 λ/25 red
 λ/3.5  λ/19 green
 λ/2.5   λ/12 blue
and a 200 micron spread in chromatic aberration

These clearly have worse measurements than any AP but the widefield is nice.

Alan