Re: Roland's October 1981 Sky & Telescope article: "An Apochromatic Triplet Objective"

Ross Elkins

Hey, I still do!
On the rotary telephone angle, I was a fleet inspector for Ma Bell in the 70’s back in my mechanic days with about 400 vans, pickups, ladder trucks etc to manage.
I clearly remember the day of the breakup of the bell system because there was a long line of installers grabbing all the bell telephone gear, handsets, recording machines, as they realized they could go into business for themselves as installer/repair men! I got what was left, pushbutton handsets, one big answering machine and other stuff!
Still have my rotary dial and digital push button test sets! I made it my business to pickup on the telephone side while maintaining their vehicles!

Rossmon