Re: Stowaway Doveloc Adapter

Dale Ghent

These kinds of set screws are common to Starlight drawtube adapters, and in my experience they are there just to prevent the adapter from unscrewing. They've never struck me as a form of tilt adjustment because that's really not possible considering the adapter is threaded on and there's no real play.

On Feb 23, 2021, at 08:17, M Hambrick <mhambrick563@gmail.com> wrote:

Two questions:

Are the three small setscrews on the back of the Stowaway Doveloc adapter just for locking the ring in place (see photo), or do they serve as some kind of push / pull function for tilt adjustment ?

Can I assume that the Doveloc adapter ring is just threaded onto the back of the Stowaway focuser barrel ?

Mike

<dummyfile.0.part>