Re: GTICP5 USB Connection issues

Ray Gralak

Hi Wayne,

I did try Ethernet and it worked. The USB port was 3. I looked in Device Manager and there were 2 port 3s. I
uninstalled one and rebooted. It still won’t connect but I am getting unintelligible ASCII characters in the APCC
Firmware and Encoder fields. What should I try now?
Actually, this is probably a question of which virtual COM port the USB connection to the mount is creating. If you are seeing garbage you are likely trying to connect to the wrong port. And, you might want to make sure that APCC is not trying to create a virtual port that was already created by the connection to the mount.

If you still can't get a connection just use Ethernet for now, and give George or Howard a call tomorrow. It could be that you just need to update the driver for the CP5's USB's virtual COM port.

-Ray Gralak
Author of PEMPro
Author of APCC (Astro-Physics Command Center): https://www.astro-physics.com/apcc-pro
Author of Astro-Physics V2 ASCOM Driver: https://www.siriusimaging.com/apdriver

-----Original Message-----
From: main@ap-ug.groups.io [mailto:main@ap-ug.groups.io] On Behalf Of Wayne Hixson via groups.io
Sent: Wednesday, February 17, 2021 4:29 PM
To: main@ap-ug.groups.io
Subject: [ap-ug] GTICP5 USB Connection issues

I think this is a question for Ray. I haven had my Mach2 operating in probably a month. This is probably a question
for Ray. I hadn’t been connected to my Mach2 in probably a month. I use an Eagle 3 mounted to the top of my
130GTX with through the mount USB. I booted up and it wouldn’t connect. I installed the latest APCC and I’m at
the latest ASCOM driver level. Still wouldn’t connect.

I did try Ethernet and it worked. The USB port was 3. I looked in Device Manager and there were 2 port 3s. I
uninstalled one and rebooted. It still won’t connect but I am getting unintelligible ASCII characters in the APCC
Firmware and Encoder fields. What should I try now?

Wayne

Join main@ap-ug.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.